042: You're Not a Tree
I don’t know what the fall weather is like where you are, but here in Cincinnati, things have turned decidedly autumnal. Arturo and I spent a few hours about a week ago, on Saturday, raking the leaves from our driveway and the paths around our house. And when I flew back from the LoveNVegas book con about two weeks ago, seeing the fall colors from the plane was truly breathtaking. Fall is my favorite season for a lot of reasons, but one of those reasons is that the changing leaves remind me that change is beautiful. Change is often hard and stressful and scary, but it can also be beautiful. In today’s podcast episode, we’re going to discuss how to think about change in our creative businesses. Change is inevitable, and even though it’s sometimes scary, it can be a really good thing. After all, we’re artists, not trees. We don’t have to bloom where we’re planted.
In this episode, you will learn:
- Why change is often scary, and how to modify your mindset to see it as a beautiful thing.
- What steps you can take to grow consistently in your creative skills.
- Why ongoing growth is essential for the long term health of your artistic business.
- Why digging into your areas of fear can often reveal your biggest potential for growth.
- What to do when you find yourself in a situation where you are not thriving.
- How to create opportunities for your creative work through positive change.
In this episode, I mention the upcoming free Dream Big workshop I am hosting on December 5, 2023. You can learn more about this free goal-setting workshop for creative entrepreneurs on the events page of my website, www.StarvingArtistNoMore.com/events.
In this episode, I discuss a recent Medium article about the importance of change. I also refer one previous episode of this podcast, 016: The Six Components of a Thriving Creative Business.
Thank you for listening. Please feel free to reach out to me at www.StarvingArtistNoMore.com, with any questions, comments, or feedback. I'd love to hear from you.